Thursday 25 March 2010

The End of the Beginning

People of Cardiff and the world, the deadline for the Brooklyn Brotherhood Neighbourhood Project is almost upon us. I can hardly believe it, but three months have passed since I started this blog as a response to their deceptively simple challenge. When I first set out to tell the story of the place in which I live, I thought the process would be interesting if a little familiar. I was wrong. It's been a real journey, and I've learnt that there's so much more to my surroundings than I first expected.

I've collaborated with other residents and used social networking, creative writing, historical research, translation, photography, interviews, video and artwork to capture a glimpse of the city. Hopefully, this goes some way to revealing Cardiff's unique personality, and encourages people to view Caerdydd from a slightly different perspective.

For the final time: thanks a million to everyone involved. Your help in telling the story of the city has been invaluable.

Cheers,

Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment